- 16.10.2017The Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) and Nawah Energy Company have become Lifetime Corporate Members of WINS
- 19.09.2017Step into the World of Nuclear Security Training - IAEA News item!
- 12.09.2017New IAEA Publication - Summary of the International Conference on Nuclear Security: Commitments and Actions
- 24.08.2017IAEA Nuclear Security eLearning!
- 18.08.2017Director General’s Statement at High-level Dialogue on Nuclear Security
- 10.08.2017Women’s Cyber Forum: Launching Careers in Cyber Space - 6 Nov 2017, Vienna, Austria
- 19.07.2017Report of the Seminar on Sustaining Nuclear Security Training and Support Centers: Lessons Learned and the Way Forward
- 13.07.2017WINS Awarded Funding by Carnegie Corporation of New York and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- 07.07.2017WINS CNSP Career Report - Available Now!
- 30.06.2017Updated Curriculum for a model Nuclear Security Summit by NTI is now available!
WINS Annual Report 2017
We are pleased to present our 2017 Annual Report!
This report highlights how we contributed to our ten strategic objectives in 2016 through our commitment to providing services that focus on high quality knowledge exchange and professional development and certification for nuclear security management. It also lays out our strategic targets for 2017.
Our WINS Academy module on Nuclear Security for Scientists, Technicians and Engineers includes a foreword by marine ecologist Rafe Sagarin, author of Natural Security: A Darwinan Approach to a Dangerous World. Sagarin wrote that, “Real symbiotic relationships only form, and are only successful, when they are created to address a real challenge that could not have been solved by the partners acting alone.”
We strongly support this statement and decided to make symbiosis the theme of our 2017 Report. In doing so, we wanted to emphasise the importance of building networks and partnerships among organisations and individuals with responsibilities for nuclear security. Achieving our strategic objectives requires all stakeholders to work together in a symbiotic, mutually beneficial relationship because none of us can achieve our objectives alone.
We hope you enjoy reading the report and welcome any feedback you might have.
Annual Report 2017